Flotation therapy involves a participant entering a sound proof, light proof chamber (at SO Float we have OASIS float tanks). This chamber contains 10-12 inch deep water heated to 93.5 degrees (roughly skin temperature). The water is infused with 800 to 1000 pounds of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). The environment within the tank defies gravity. Bodies are completely buoyant, floating like a cork. This environment provides relief from the daily stressors our bodies have experienced since birth: gravity and constant sensory demands on our nervous systems. Amazing healing can happen when our bodies are not struggling to process all that is around us. Some of the benefits:
- Pain relief
- Increased healing from sports and auto injuries.
- Improved sleep and recovery from Jet lag and sleep deprivation. One hour in the tank has the restorative properties of 4 hours of sleep.
- Clarity and improved focus (good-bye brain fog and ADHD!)
- Easier and deeper meditations
- Decreased stress hormones (cortisol and adrenaline) circulating in your body after a float. This equates less pain, less stress.